Swim F.A.S.T. 2016
Escaping Limitations is the core underlying principle of both Foundation and it’s signature annual fundraising events, the Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge swims. Each year in the San Francisco Bay children as young as age eight take on a challenge most adults will not and prove that their perceived limits are just that. Once back in Arizona they succeed in elevating a curriculum of water safety and swim training for their peers, and particularly for refugees unfamiliar with bodies of water in general, and swimming pools specifically.
Subscribe to our Swim F.A.S.T. mailing list
The Event: Swim F.A.S.T. 2016
Mark your calendars for April 16-17, 2016. Then follow these three steps:
- Sign up for our mailing list above and like our Facebook page to stay “in-the-know.”
- Check out our Swim F.A.S.T. 2016 Athlete Guide.
- Click here to register for training – our cold, open water training series in Arizona and San Francisco prepare you for a great weekend in S.F.
- Click here to register online for the event weekend (Note, use this link only if you are NOT fundraising as noted below.)
- Click here to become an event fundraiser supporting drowning prevention – through Activegiving.com, you can raise funds to support the F.A.S.T. Foundation and drowning prevention. Swimmers raising at least $450 by March 15 earn complimentary participation in one swim; those raising at least $550 by March 15 earn complimentary participation in both swims. Plus, we have incentives for higher fundraisers. See the Athlete Guide for more details.
Over the course of the weekend, some 125 swimmers from across the country will converge on San Francisco Bay for a rare pair of open water swimming opportunities.
- April 16, 2016: The Escape from the Rock, a 1.4 swim from Alcatraz island to San Francisco’s Aquatic Park inlet, a distance of 1.4 miles
- April 17, 2016: Crossing the Great Gate, a 1.2 miles swim along the length of the one-of-a-kind Golden Gate Bridge.
Join the elite ranks of more than 900 adventurers ages 8 to 80 that have participated in previous years. Each swimmer will do more than achieving a personal breakthrough, he/she will be helping to promote water safety and raise money for the Foundation for Aquatic Safety and Training’s programs and outreach.
Want to know more? Contact us and we’ll get back to you.
Ready to officially register and pay? Hold your horses. We’ll have registration link coming soon.
Fueling the Movement
We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what the Kids Saving Kids movement can achieve. What you can do to help:
- Make a contribution today. Every net dollar goes directly toward reaching either hundreds or thousands of children this year. Your generosity drive our scope and reach, fueling capacity to stop unnecessary drownings and near-drownings.
- Volunteer your time. Grassroots organizations succeed not solely through quality volunteer leadership and sweat equity.
- Become a sponsor. Give bedrock operational support for a great cause. Join us.
Team Alcatraz Videos
Experience the excitement and watch Team Alcatraz swimmers complete the 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz Island: