Swim F.A.S.T. 2013
Escaping Limitations is the core underlying principle of both Foundation and it’s signature annual fundraising events, the Alcatraz and Golden Gate Bridge swims. Each year in the San Francisco Bay children as young as age eight take on a challenge most adults will not and prove that their perceived limits are just that. Once back in Arizona they succeed in elevating a curriculum of water safety and swim training for their peers, and particularly for refugees unfamiliar with bodies of water in general, and swimming pools specifically.
Fueling the Movement
We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of what the Kids Saving Kids movement can achieve. What you can do to help:
- Make a contribution today. Every net dollar goes directly toward reaching either hundreds or thousands of children this year. Your generosity drive our scope and reach, fueling capacity to stop unnecessary drownings and near-drownings.
- Volunteer your time. Grassroots organizations succeed not solely through quality volunteer leadership and sweat equity.
- Become a sponsor. Give bedrock operational support for a great cause. Join us.
The Event: Swim F.A.S.T. 2013
Mark your calendars for April 20-21, 2013. Then, fill out our interest form today!
Over the course of the weekend, some 125 swimmers from across the country will converge on San Francisco Bay for a rare pair of open water swimming opportunities.
- April 20, 2013: The Escape from the Rock, a 1.4 swim from Alcatraz island to San Francisco’s Aquatic Park inlet, a distance of 1.4 miles
- April 21, 2013: Crossing the Great Gate, a 1.2 miles swim along the length of the one-of-a-kind Golden Gate Bridge.
Join the elite ranks of more than 650 adventurers ages 8 to 80 that have participated in the last six years. Each swimmer will do more than achieving a personal breakthrough, he/she will be helping to promote water safety and raise money for the Foundation for Aquatic Safety and Training’s programs and outreach.
Want to know more? Fill out our interest form and we’ll get back to you.
Ready to officially register and pay? Click here to register online.
Team Alcatraz Videos
Experience the excitement and watch Team Alcatraz swimmers complete the 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz Island: